How Clean is Your Commercial Facility?
Due to our current health crisis, how clean your facility is has become a top priority to you as a business owner, an employee and as a consumer. Germs can be associated with dirt, debris, and things tracked in from the outside, but the reality is the INSIDE of your commercial facility may hold the most amount of germs. A dirty floor, a stained carpet or a dusty surface may seem like likely culprits, but it is the areas that we can’t see that hide the worst kinds of germs. These germs can lead to sickness and the spread of disease.
Things you should know but probably don’t want to know!
- The average office work desk can have 400 times more bacteria than a toilet seat.
- Office keyboards can be home to around 16 million microbes. A study from the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health reported that 96% of sampled keyboards were contaminated with microbes, including E. Coli. If you share keyboards, that microbe count is even higher, and the potential for getting sick goes up as well.
- An office desk is 100 times less hygienic than an average kitchen table.
- Doorknobs, faucet handles, refrigerator handles, and microwave handles are some of the dirtiest areas and need the most frequent disinfecting.
- A person infected with a virus can infect up to 50% of the surfaces/things they touch in their environment.
The importance of disinfecting
Disinfecting a surface can eliminate up to 99.99% of pathogenic microorganisms, including most viruses, which decreases the likelihood of germs spreading. Disinfection is the key to preventing the spread of germs and bacteria throughout your premise.
Germs and bacteria are unavoidable, especially when people gather to share a space. Especially during times of increased viral cases, it is imperative to maintain a high level of cleanliness, disinfection, and general cleanliness throughout the space. This translates to greater productivity, fewer sick days and overall good health among your team.
Hiring a Commercial Cleaner to Help You Out
Bring in the professionals to ensure your workplace, and those high touch, hard to reach, hard to see and high trafficked areas are getting a thorough clean. Creating a safer and healthier workplace in your facility.
Contact Goldstar Cleaning Services Group today to find out more about our professional janitorial services and Electrostatic Disinfectant Technology. With years of experience in the industry let us come up with a cleaning solution that suits your needs.